Last night, I got engaged. As K and I sat there, on the blessed hot pink couch and exchanged rings amidst claps and hoots and cheers and blessings, everything blurred in a mad kaleidoscope of colours. And yet every single person’s expressions stood out in sharp relief. Varying degrees of emotion, laughter, disbelief, love, happiness, joy. I wished I’d had a camera. To capture my very own sassy quirky perspective on being an engaged woman.
Now that I have been engaged almost 24 hours, I am older and wiser. Which is why I share with you my “New Life” Resolutions. We all make resolutions on December 31st, in hope that the coming year something will be better… Similarly, as I step into my “New Life” as someone’s better half, I make some resolutions…for better or for worse.
1. I will try to always remember the flip and thrill of these days. And try to keep it alive.
2. I will not be cynical for the sake of sounding married.
3. Every single day, I will look for one thing that I appreciate in my relationship. And then tell K about it.
4. I will continue to be a GOOD friend- one who makes time to bitch, listen, support, shop, bum, chill and have coffee at Espresso with her girlfriends.
5. I will stay me, and improve, and remind myself that the road here was not easy and once upon a time, just a few weeks ago, I, too was a confused searching-for-the-meaning-of life-twenty something.